Champions for Children with Disabilities
October 5, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: PACER Center 952-838-9000, 800-53-PACER
PACER workshop addresses special education, parent involvement
PACER Center is offering “Special Education: What Do Parents Need to Know,” a free workshop for parents of children with disabilities and for professionals. It is on Monday, Oct. 10, 2011, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., at PACER Center, 8161 Normandale Blvd., Bloomington, Minn. Advance registration is requested.
Special education is instruction designed specifically to meet the unique needs of children with disabilities. This workshop will answer questions such as:
- Why is it important that parents be involved?
- How can I work effectively with the school?
- What do I need to know about the evaluation process?
- How do we make the Individualized Education Program (IEP) fit the child?
- How do special education and regular education work together?
To register for the workshop, call PACER at 952-838-9000. In Greater Minnesota, call 800-537-2237 (toll free) or visit PACER.org.PACER Center is a parent center for families of children and young adults with any disability. PACER provides individual assistance, workshops, publications, and other resources to help families make decisions about education and other services for their child or young adult with disabilities.