- Educate students with ideas on how they can be supportive of peers who have experienced bullying or who might be vulnerable to hurt or harm.
- Reinforce to students who are bullied that no one deserves to be bullied and that there are people who are available to help them through bullying situations.
Order a "You're Not Alone, We're Here for You"classroom toolkit designed to inspire students to be together against bullying and united to provide community, support, and hope for those who have experienced bullying.
Use the toolkit to assist in creating environments in which students feel involved and empowered. The materials provide opportunities for discussion, visual reminders of the message, and rewards for participation.
The toolkit has materials for 100 students and is appropriate for K - 12 students. Materials include:
- Idea guide:Step-by-step information on how to use the toolkit resources
- Discussion guide: Age-appropriate scenarios for kids and teens of bullying situations, followed by ideas on ways for students to "be there" for their peers; designed to provide opportunities for student reaction and response (100 worksheets) See an example
- Posters: High impact, colorful visual to display in the classroom or hallway as a reminder on what it means to be there for others (5 posters; 24 inches by 36 inches) See an example
- Stickers: Colorful reward with a powerful message for each student who participated in the discussion (100 round stickers, 3 inches in diameter) See an example
- Handouts: Four-page booklet with information for kids and teens on ways to “Be There.”
- Also available as a presentation – download and view at no cost.
- Ways to Be There: As a Kid or Teen
- Pledge: A fill-in-the-blank form in which participants can add their name to show their support. (One form that can be duplicated.) See an example
- Bookmarks: A creative way to encourage elementary school students to “Be A Kid Against Bullying” and middle and high school students to “Be a Champion Against Bullying”. (100 bookmarks of each of the two versions) See an example
- Flyers: Colorful, informative 8 ½ x 11 (2-sided) flyer that outlines the creative resources, outreach activities, and opportunities available from PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center. (100 flyers) See an example
- Note: mailed in a separate package
Additional resource – available at a separate charge
- Banner: For display at the event. Made of vinyl; 6 feet long by 3 feet high with grommets in all corners. Printed with the campaign message and call to action, "You're Not Alone, We're Here for You" and "Together Against Bullying." Banners can be ordered and paid for directly through BIG PRINT, Inc. To order, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Banners are $90, plus shipping and handling, and must be paid at time of order.
Classroom Toolkit Order Information