Hold an Event
- Provide a creative opportunity to start the conversation about bullying, the impact, and the importance of creating safe and supportive environments.
- Educate students, adults and community members with ideas on how they can be supportive of individuals who have experienced bullying or who might be vulnerable to hurt or harm.
- Build a culture in which students who have experienced bullying know that when they reach out for help that there will be someone there to help.
Order the "You're Not Alone, We're Here for You" event toolkit designed to help you hold an awareness raising event to unite against bullying and unite together to provide community, support, and hope for those who have experienced bullying.
The toolkit can be used in coordination with a bullying prevention event in the school or community, such as a "Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying," school open house, or parent teacher conferences.
It can also be used as a stand-alone activity to raise awareness of the importance of creating supportive, caring environments in which everyone feels like they belong. Ideas include setting up a table at school during lunch, at a local business (ask them to partner), or at a community gathering such as a health fair or open market.
The toolkit has materials for 50 participants. Materials include:
- Idea guide: Step-by-step information on how to use the toolkit resources
- Poster: High impact, colorful visual to display at the event as a reminder on what it means to be there for others (Two posters - 24 inches by 36 inches) See an example
- Buttons: Participant take-away item with the campaign message and call to action (50 round buttons that are 3 inches in diameter.) See an example
- Shoelaces: Participant take-away item which sends a message that by wearing orange, they are supportive of the cause (50 pairs of orange shoelaces.)
- Pledge: A fill-in-the-blank form in which participants can add their name to show their support. (One form that can be duplicated.) See an example
- Handouts: Informational four-page booklets with information for adults, community members, and kids and teens on ways to "be there." (Set of three handouts with 50 copies of each, total of 150 handouts.)
- Flyers: Colorful, informative 8 ½ x 11 (2-sided) flyer that outlines the creative resources, outreach activities, and opportunities available from PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center. (50 flyers) See an example
- Bookmarks: A creative way to encourage elementary school students to “Be A Kid Against Bullying” and middle and high school students to “Be a Champion Against Bullying”. (100 bookmarks of each of the two versions) See an example
Additional resource – available at a separate charge
- Banner: For display at the event. Made of vinyl; 6 feet long by 3 feet high with grommets in all corners. Printed with the campaign message and call to action, "You're Not Alone, We're Here for You" and "Together Against Bullying." Banners can be ordered and paid for directly through BIG PRINT, Inc. Banners are $90, plus shipping and handling, and must be paid at time of order. To order a banner, email email@example.com and for all other inquiries contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Toolkit Order Information