Position: Grant Coordinator and Development Associate
Supervisor: Debbie Andrews
Grants and Fundraising
- Conduct grant research and write grants for PACER’s local and national projects.
- Make contacts with perspective donors, including for the Endowment Fund.
- Track, monitor, contact, and acknowledge individuals in the donor base.
- Coordinate, research, and draft proposals for funding.
- Draft letters and other materials for PACER.
- Make contacts with new corporations and foundations, local and national.
- Assist with event logistics for PACER’s various events, including the Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying, Annual Benefit, and Phonathon.
- Solicit new corporate sponsors and in-kind donations.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers.
- Provide staff support, as needed, with committees and advisory boards, including the Young Professionals Advisory Board.
- Develop content and provide updates for development web pages.
- Coordinate social media communications for development related events and activities.
- Assist with project data collection and evaluation.
- Other duties as needed.
- College degree required
- Experience in grant writing and event planning preferred
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Ability to use discretion, confidentiality, and diplomacy when communicating with donors and sponsors
- Ability to develop positive relationships with new donors and sponsors
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge and sensitivity to issues, current information, and research related to persons with disabilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on several projects
- Ability to collaborate with co-workers and coordinate projects
- Ability to work independently and participate in team planning and decision-making process
- Above average proficiency of computer software programs; primarily Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop positive relationships with community members, donors, volunteers, and staff
Position available immediately. Parents of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Salary to be determined based on experience.
Submit resume with cover letter to:
Hiring Manager | [email protected] | PACER Center | 8161 Normandale Boulevard | Minneapolis, MN 55437
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Posted September 2017