Parents Helping Parents Navigation Menu
Specific Disability Categories
Category: Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities
- - PACER's Emotional and Behavioral Disorders (EBD) and Children’s Mental Health Services
- - PACER's Juvenile Justice Project
- -PACER's Dispute Resolution Project
- Mental Health Association of Minnesota
- Minnesota Association for Children's Mental Health
- Minnesota Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (MOFAS)
- Minnesota State Advisory Council on Mental Health, Subcommittee on Children's Mental Health
- Minnesota's Family Services and Children's Mental Health Collaboratives
- NAMI - National Alliance on Mental Illness
- SAVE Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- About our Kids
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Archives of General Psychiatry
- Childhood Anxiety Network
- Conduct Disorders.com
- Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders
- Depression and Related Affective Disorders Association (DRADA)
- Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- NAMI Minnesota, National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Mental Health Association
- NOFAS National Association on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Obsessive-Compulsive Foundation, Inc.
- Reasonable Accommodations for People with Psychiatric Disabilities
- Research and Training Center on Family Support and Children's Mental Health
- The Balanced Mind Foundation
Primary Special Education Resources
Office of Civil Rights (OCR) - hhs.gov
The Office of Civil Rights’ (OCR) core mission as a law enforcement agency is to ensure that recipients of federal funds do not engage in discriminatory conduct.
Special Education Forms - Minnesota Department of Education
The recommended special education due process forms include information on parents' and students' rights and due process options as well as documents a district may choose to use to communicate with the parent, track a student’s progress and create and maintain Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
Minnesota Special Education Laws - MN.gov
Special education statutes are under section 125A and the rules are under section 3525.
Federal Special Education Laws - ED.gov
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and IDEA regulations.
Minnesota's Complaint Procedure - Minnesota Department of Education
The special education complaint system is designed to ensure that all students with disabilities are provided a free appropriate public education. A complaint can be filed about any entity that provides publicly funded educational services directly to students, that has violated a state or federal special education law or rule. Before filing a complaint, Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) encourages parents or other persons to first contact the school district’s Director of Special Education, who may be able to help resolve the issue.
More information is available from: