Parent Information and Training Programs Funded by the Rehabilitation Services Administrations 

These programs currently operate in 10 states and provide information and training to parents and children with disabilities on the Vocational Rehabilitation Program, transitional training, career preparation and related issues. The TATRA website lists the contacts. Visit www.pacer.org/TATRA.


Provides job seekers with an online community of support through a mentoring network, the ability to link with others who share similar health and life experiences, and blogs about experiences in the workplace: www.GettingHired.com; 1-866-352-7481.

Office of Disability and Employment Policy

A comprehensive site for individuals with disabilities looking for information on employment issues; topics include disability-related legislation, job search, self-employment, and youth employment: www.dol.gov/odep; 1-866-487-2365 (Voice or 1-877-889-5627 (TTY).

National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth (NCWD/Youth)

Funded by the U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP), NCWD provides state and local workforce development programs with resources to better serve youth with disabilities: www.ncwd-youth.info; 1-877-871-0744 (Voice) or 1-877-871-0665 (TTY).

State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies

Every state has a federally funded agency that administers vocational rehabilitation (VR), supported employment, and independent living services to help individuals with disabilities prepare for, find and keep employment. Some states have separate VR programs for individuals who are blind or visually impaired, and a few states have separate programs for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.

To find your state's VR agency, go to http://askjan.org and search for "state vocational rehabilitation agencies."

One-Stop Workforce Centers 

These programs are the centerpiece of the Workforce Investment Act of1998 (WIA). The One-Stop system operates through a network of centers in each state. Centers serve both youth and adults and provide job training, education, and employment services at a single neighborhood location.

To find a center near you, go to www.servicelocator.org.

The Job Accommodation Network (JAN)

A service of the Office of Disability Employment Policy and the U.S. Department of Labor, JAN provides resources for finding and funding accommodations for the workplace and general information on workplace issues: www.AskJan.org; 1-800-526-7234 (Voice) or 1-877-781-9403 (TTY).