Champions for Children with Disabilities
TATRA Navigation Menu
This toolkit was created to make transition planning easier and offers easy-to-understand information about the purpose of transition planning, the goal and importance of age-appropriate assessments, and the required rules that are used by schools. It also includes information on the community partners that can provide youth with supports as adults. Topics include healthcare and health maintenance, benefits planning, postsecondary education and accommodations, recreation, social resources, transportation, and housing. 2013.
Helping Youth Build Work Skills for Job Success: Tips for Parents and Families (2012), a resource developed by PACER for the National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth.
- View the Spanish Version
Mapping your Dreams Series (2005):
- Mapping Your Dreams: Community
- Mapping Your Dreams: Education
- Mapping Your Dreams: Employment
- Mapping Your Dreams: Home Living
- Mapping Your Dreams: Recreation
Social Networking Sites: Consider the benefits, concerns for your teenager.(2009)
Excerpt from the PACER Fall 2009 Pacesetter
This 30 minute video produced by PACER Center is a brief overview of the secondary transition planning process.
- Scouting the Research Landscape
- What Families Need to Know About Federal and State Options
- Self- Determination
- Recommendations for Practitioners
- Rehabilitation Services Administration Parent Training
- RSA-funded Parent Training: Program Outcome Data
- Office of Special Education Programs Parent Centers