PACER Center Parent Trainer and Advocate
PACER Center has an opening for a Parent Advocate and Trainer. This is an exempt, full time position.
- Provide in-person, telephone, and e-mail assistance (information and guidance) to parents regarding special education procedures for school-age children with disabilities.
- Develop and present trainings online and in communities throughout the state for parents of school-age children with disabilities and professionals.
- Assist in public informational and educational activities by providing presentations to various organizations and professional groups.
- Other activities as required.
- Ability to work well with others and interest in relating to parents of children with disabilities.
- Experience in public speaking and assisting others on the telephone and over e-mail.
- Experience working with individuals in a guidance role.
- Knowledge of laws and rules related to the education of school-age children, including early childhood, with disabilities.
- Ability to keep accurate records and collect data for evaluation purposes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data entry.
- Ability to provide own transportation and flexibility to travel. Trainings are presented during both daytime and evening hours.
- Experience in community, human, or social services, or general education.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent background gained through training or work experience.
- Parents of children and young adults with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- PACER staff are currently working a hybrid (remote and in-office) model.
- Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
To apply, send cover letter and resume via
- Email: [email protected], or
- Mail: Recruitment Coordinator | PACER Center | 8161 Normandale Blvd | Minneapolis, MN 55437
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Posted May 2023