PACER Center Parent Trainer and Advocate
PACER Center has an opening for a Parent Advocate and Trainer. This is an exempt, full time position.
- Provide in-person, telephone, and e-mail assistance (information and guidance) to parents regarding special education procedures for school-age children with disabilities.
- Develop and present trainings online and in communities throughout the state for parents of school-age children with disabilities and professionals.
- Assist in public informational and educational activities by providing presentations to various organizations and professional groups.
- Other activities as required.
- Ability to work well with others and interest in relating to parents of children with disabilities.
- Experience in public speaking and assisting others on the telephone and over e-mail.
- Experience working with individuals in a guidance role.
- Knowledge of laws and rules related to the education of school-age children, including early childhood, with disabilities.
- Ability to keep accurate records and collect data for evaluation purposes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and data entry.
- Ability to provide own transportation and flexibility to travel. Trainings are presented during both daytime and evening hours.
- Experience in community, human, or social services, or general education.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent background gained through training or work experience.
PACER staff are working remotely and in the process of transitioning to a hybrid model.
Parents of children and young adults with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Recruitment Director | [email protected] | PACER Center | 8161 Normandale Blvd | Minneapolis, MN 55437
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Posted March 2022