Position: Parent Trainer and Advocate
Status: Full-time, Salaried Monthly, Exempt status
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is temporarily remote but will be based out of PACER’s Bloomington office in the future. Currently, PACER provides assistance and information to families virtually, through webinars, informational materials, telephone, and email.
- Provide in-person, telephone, and email assistance (information and guidance) to parents regarding special education procedures for children with disabilities (ages birth to 26).
- Develop and present workshops in communities throughout the state for parents of children with disabilities and professionals.
- Assist in public informational and educational activities by providing presentations to various organizations and professional groups.
- Research and write clear, informative materials on special education and closely related topics.
- Other activities as required.
- Ability to work well with others and interest in relating to parents of children with disabilities.
- Experience in public speaking, workshop presentations, and assisting others on the telephone, over email, and via web-conferencing.
- Experience working with individuals in a guidance role.
- Extensive experience and background in research and writing.
- Knowledge of laws and rules related to the education of school-age children, including early childhood, with disabilities.
- Ability to keep accurate records and collect data for evaluation purposes through using a database.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
- Ability to provide own transportation and flexibility to travel. Workshops are presented during both daytime and evening hours, therefore, flexible schedule needed.
- Experience in community service/human service/social service.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to apply analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- College degree or equivalent background gained through training or work experience.
Salary to be determined based on experience.
Position available immediately.
Parents of children with disabilities and people of color are encouraged to apply. PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. PACER Center does not discriminate against, and will not tolerate harassment against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Send resume with a cover letter to:
Hiring Manager | [email protected] | PACER Center | 8161 Normandale Boulevard | Minneapolis, MN 55437
Posted August 2020