PACER Center Parent Trainer and Advocate
PACER Center has an opening for a Parent Trainer and Advocate. This is an exempt, full time position.
The Parent Trainer and Advocate provides telephone, email information and in-person guidance to parents regarding special education procedures for children with disabilities. Additionally, the Parent Trainer and Advocate:
- Develops and presents workshops for parents of children and professionals throughout Minnesota
- Assists with presentations to organizations and professional groups
- Maintains records
- Researches and writes clear, informative materials on special education and related topics
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work will with others and interest in relating to parents of children with disabilities
- Experience in public speaking and assisting others over the telephone and via email
- Experience working with others in a guidance role
- Experience in research and excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of laws and rules related to the education of children with disabilities
- Ability to keep good records and collect data for evaluation
- Background in community, human, or social services or general education
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Own transportation and flexibility for occasional in-state travel. Workshops are scheduled during both daytime and evening hours
- College degree or equivalent experience
Parents of children with disabilities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interviews will be held remotely via Zoom. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, PACER staff are working remotely; once it is deemed safe, employment will be based in our Bloomington office.
TO APPLY: Submit resume with cover letter and writing sample to:
Recruitment Director | [email protected]
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Posted December 2021