Position: Parent Trainer and Advocate, Early Childhood Special Education
Status: Part time (75% with full time option), Exempt
- Provide in-person and telephone assistance (information and guidance) to parents regarding special education procedures for children with disabilities, with major emphasis on early childhood special education.
- Co-present and present workshops in communities for parents of young children with disabilities and professionals who provide services.
- Assist in public informational and educational activities by providing presentations to various organizations and professional groups.
- Assist in data collection for evaluation reports.
- Write clear, informative materials on early childhood special education and related topics.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to work well with others and interest in relating to parents of young children with disabilities
- Experience in public speaking, workshop presentations, and assisting others on the telephone and over email
- Experience working with individuals in a guidance role
- Knowledge of laws and rules related to the education of children, especially early childhood, with disabilities
- Ability to provide own transportation and flexibility to travel. Workshops are presented during both day time and evening hours; flexible schedule needed
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to apply analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines
- College degree or equivalent background gained through training or work experience
- Excellent time management skills
Salary to be determined based on experience.
Position available immediately.
Parents of children with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Send resume with a letter of application to:
PACER Center, Inc.
8161 Normandale Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55437-1044
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Posted, October 2018