Position: Coordinator of the Family Engagement Project
Supervisor: Sharman Davis Barrett, Director of the Family Engagement Project
Status: Full-time, Salaried monthly, Exempt
The Minnesota Statewide Family Engagement Center is a 5-year program at PACER Center, funded by a federal grant. It provides technical assistance and training to schools and families that will promote family engagement. Sixty-five percent of the project focuses on working with racially and culturally diverse and low-income families.
- Work closely with the Project Director, PACER’s Executive Director, and multicultural advocates on project goals.
- Collaborate with the Minnesota Department of Education, school districts, and other stakeholders to promote family engagement in education.
- Develop and present workshops on parent-school collaboration for parents and school staff based on the needs of schools and organizations.
- Provide assistance to families, using a parent academic tracking sheet designed to promote communication with their children’s schools and to document their children’s educational progress.
- Provide technical assistance and trainings for school staff on family engagement strategies, including working with culturally and racially diverse and low-income families.
- Research and write clear, informative materials to encourage family involvement in education.
- Coordinate a thorough evaluation of all activities and outcomes.
- Other duties as needed
- College degree in relevant area
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Experience working in the educational system
- Experience working with families, including racially and culturally diverse and low-income families
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to provide transportation and flexibility to travel
- Flexible schedule required to present evening and weekend workshops
- Excellent organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using computers and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to use time efficiently and oversee multiple tasks and goals
- Ability to work independently
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Parents of children with disabilities and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send resume with a letter of application to:
PACER Center, Inc.
8161 Normandale Boulevard
Minneapolis, MN 55437-1044
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Posted, August 2019