Position: PACER Center Project Associate
PACER Center has an opening for a Project Associate in PACER’s Minnesota Statewide Family Engagement Center (MNSFEC). This is an exempt, 80-100% time position.
MNSFEC aims to increase students’ academic achievement by supporting families, educators and communities in regular education. MNSFEC provides a variety of free services, such as workshops, webinars, professional development, and presentations. MNSFEC works to increase family engagement for all families across Minnesota, with a particular focus on addressing the needs of families from low-income and diverse communities.
- Researches and summarizes current information and trends in family engagement and student achievement for all children
- Writes print, online, and video content for parents, educators and others
- Assists in writing curriculum for parent and professional trainings
- Responds to email and phone requests and inquiries
- Assists with presentations to organizations and professional groups
- Maintains records
- Assists with development of project reports, including surveys and data evaluation
- Assists with review and update of website information
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication, research and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to relate to diverse groups
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community partners
- Ability to keep good records and collect data for evaluation
- Background in community, human, or social services or general education
- Own transportation and flexibility for occasional in-state travel
Parents of children with disabilities and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, anticipated hiring range is $40-$45,000.
Interviews will be held remotely via Zoom.
TO APPLY: Submit resume with cover letter and writing sample to:
Recruitment Director | [email protected] | PACER Center | 8161 Normandale Boulevard | Minneapolis, MN 55437
Posted February 2021