Speaking In Your Community
Let everyone know that October is National Bullying Prevention Month and make bullying prevention a movement that touches every community. Share information about the event when you connect with someone, or through website updates; posts on social media channels; articles in newspapers, magazines, and online publications.
Inform your school, organization or community about National Bullying Prevention Month with this free, colorful 81/2 x 11 handout. Download, print and share. Open the PDF here >>>
Key Messages and Talking Points
The time to take action is now! Everyone has a voice in raising awareness of bullying. Whether you are a student, educator, or parent, here are important points to know and emphasize when you speak in front of a group, lead a class discussion, or talk with peers. Learn more >>>
Post PACER’s press release – or modify it to fit your needs – to your school or community website or other promotional channels. Visit the press release page >>>
Share information on your websites or through your social network channels. Generating awareness is a powerful tool to creating positive social engagement to keep all children safe. It’s free, easy, and a great way to influence change! Template text for posts, along with sample graphics are available at no cost.
- National Bullying Prevention Month - Bullying is everyone’s issue, and when we’re united, the cause is strong. What will you do to help? http://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/
- National Bullying Prevention Month – The time is now for social change so that all students know that can be safe at school and while online. How will you get involved? http://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/
- National Bullying Prevention Month | 10 year Anniversary (2006-2016), A decade together against bullying – and united for kindness, acceptance and inclusion. Learn more about the history >>>
Download these three images for your own Facebook cover.
- Unite for National Bullying Prevention Month - How will you get involved? http://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/
- 1 of every 4 students bullied, time is now for social change. http://www.pacer.org/bullying/nbpm/
National Bullying Prevention Month (2006-2016)
Celebrating a decade together against bullying and united for kindness, acceptance and inclusion
National Bullying Prevention Month is a campaign in the United States founded in 2006 by PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center. Learn more about the history of the month >>>
Request a Governor’s Proclamation
Promote bullying prevention in your state! Contact your governor’s office and ask how to submit a request for a Governor’s Proclamation for National Bullying Prevention Month. Schools, students, parents, organizations, and others can submit requests. Then, all you have to do is fill in the sample text with your state information and submit it. Easy as that! You can even send an image of your state’s signed proclamation to bullying411@PACER.org for posting. See the sample
Influence Decision Makers
As a student, you have a strong voice in influencing peers, educators, and administrators within your school. You also can persuade lawmakers to explore changes in laws to protect students. Bullying is an issue that directly affects students and school culture. When you lead the cause, you show you care about other students and your school—and you become a powerful voice for change. Learn more