Events Across the Country
No events are scheduled at this time
Coordinate a Run, Walk, Roll, Against Bullying in your community!
Communities nationwide are invited to hold a Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying in October as a kick off to National Bullying Prevention Month or on another date during the year.
“So many students are in need of support from adults, other students, and community members to address this issue,” said Julie Hertzog, director of PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center, based in Minneapolis. “Community-wide efforts like this show students that there are people who really want to help.”
A Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying is a family-friendly event held by schools, businesses and/or communities to show the nation’s commitment to keeping students safe while at school, in the community, and on-line.
- Supportive: A time for students, parents and communities to show they care
- Educational: An opportunity to provide information on how to address bullying
- Memorable: An event that inspires and makes a difference
Plan the event to fit your community or school
Make this event your own. Whether you have 25 or 2500 participants, design the event to fit your audience. Be creative—add informational tables, include musical performance at the post-race activities or invite local celebrities. Ideas to host an event include:
- During school at the track. Invite a guest speaker, then have each student sign “The End of Bullying Begins With Me” pledge
- On a Saturday at a community park, set up tables with activities for kids and a photo booth. After the event, feature music by local performers
- Over lunch hour at your workplace, distribute information about bullying to all participants. Invite a guest speaker and each employee sign a banner that says “I Care About Bullying Prevention Because…”
Use PACER’s free toolkit , which shows how to plan a Run, Walk, Roll in five easy steps. It also includes tips, ideas, and resources such as checklists and sample forms to design your own event. Event organizers are encouraged to add their own innovative ideas, such as adding music to the post‐race activities or incorporating pledges for bullying prevention efforts.
- Register your school, business, or organization’s event and it will be posted to PACER’s websites.
- Download Run, Walk, Roll graphics.
- Download the Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying press release, which can be customized for your event.