EX.I.T.E. Camp (EXploring Interests in Technology and Engineering)
- A 5-Day Camp in August for middle school girls (6th-9th grades in the fall) with disabilities.
- It's FREE, you just need transportation and a box lunch each day.
- Camp runs each day from 9 AM to 4 PM at PACER Center in Bloomington.
- Do amazing experiments, make friends that will last a lifetime, discover how science, technology, engineering and math can be cool and exciting.
The mission of EX.I.T.E. Camp is to empower middle school girls in the fields of math, science, and engineering. EX.I.T.E. Camp provides a safe and supported environment for hands-on learning as well as a place to meet new friends and create lasting memories.
In 2017, PACER Center collaborated with community partners for the 15th consecutive year to present a camp specifically for middle school girls with disabilities. Technology experts, scientists, and engineers from Accenture, C.H. Robinson, IBM, Medtronic and 3M gathered for five days in August and generously donated their talents, resources, and insight to inspire middle school girls with disabilities.
The 2017 EX.I.T.E. Camp was sponsored with generous donations from Boston Scientific, the Donaldson Company, the ECMC Foundation, Xcel Energy, and 3M Company. The 2018 EX.I.T.E. camp will bring similar experiences.
Please contact Tina Hanson at 952-838-9000 or [email protected] for more information or questions about this program.
Apply Now - Application Deadline: May 28th 2018.
- Microsoft Word Application - Complete this application and send back as an email attachment.
- Printable PDF Application - Print, complete, and mail the camp application.
|Thursday, July 26||Opening Ceremony||4 to 5 p.m.|
|Monday, July 30||Camp Day||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday, Aug. 1||Camp Day||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Friday, Aug. 3||Camp Day||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Aug. 7||Camp Day||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Thursday, Aug. 9||Camp Day||9 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Thursday, Aug. 9||Closing Ceremony||4 to 5:30 p.m.|
EX.I.T.E. Camp Teacher Positions (Summer)
PACER Center is seeking applicants to fill a camp teacher position for EX.I.T.E. camp. This is a paid position and a significant professional development opportunity and a chance to learn new ways to incorporate technology into your classroom. If you are interested in assisting campers with camp activities, encouraging teamwork and creativity, and honing your classroom management skills, please complete the application. Applications are accepted until all positions are filled.