Parents Helping Parents Navigation Menu
Specific Disability Categories
Category: Health Impairments
- - PACER's Family-to-Family Health Information Center
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association of Minnesota
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America - Minnesota Chapters
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America Minnesota Dakotas Chapter
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota
- Hemophilia Foundation of Minnesota and the Dakotas
- International Diabetes Center
- Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.
- Minnesota Aids Project (MAP)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Tourette Syndrome Association of Minnesota
- Allergy and Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics
- American Chronic Pain Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Candlelighters' Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Children with Diabetes
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Epilepsy Foundation
- FACES the National Craniofacial Association
- Immune Deficiency Foundation
- JDRF - type 1 diabetes (T1D) research
- Lupus Foundation of Minnesota
- National Center for Education in Maternal Child Health
- National Hemophilia Foundation
- National Kidney Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Upper Midwest Chapter
- National Organization for Albinism & Hypopigmentation (NOAH)
- National Resource Center on ADHD
- Organic Acidemia Association
- Parents of Kids with Infectious Diseases
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Association
- Share and Care Cockayne Syndrome Network
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America
- The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- The International Dyslexia Association
- The National MPS Society, Inc. (Mucopolysaccharidoses)
- Tourette Syndrome "Plus"
- Tourette's Syndrome Association, Inc.
- United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation
Primary Special Education Resources
Office of Civil Rights (OCR) - hhs.gov
The Office of Civil Rights’ (OCR) core mission as a law enforcement agency is to ensure that recipients of federal funds do not engage in discriminatory conduct.
Special Education Forms - Minnesota Department of Education
The recommended special education due process forms include information on parents' and students' rights and due process options as well as documents a district may choose to use to communicate with the parent, track a student’s progress and create and maintain Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
Minnesota Special Education Laws - MN.gov
Special education statutes are under section 125A and the rules are under section 3525.
Federal Special Education Laws - ED.gov
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and IDEA regulations.
Minnesota's Complaint Procedure - Minnesota Department of Education
The special education complaint system is designed to ensure that all students with disabilities are provided a free appropriate public education. A complaint can be filed about any entity that provides publicly funded educational services directly to students, that has violated a state or federal special education law or rule. Before filing a complaint, Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) encourages parents or other persons to first contact the school district’s Director of Special Education, who may be able to help resolve the issue.
More information is available from: