Middle and High School, Starting the Discussion Toolkit
Promote bullying awareness in your classroom by using the activities and resources in this day-by-day toolkit. Whether you have just a few minutes or you can devote 15 to 30 minutes a day to this important issue, you'll find everything you need—links to informative Web sites, downloadable materials, interesting activities, and a powerful video project called "Rewind."
Select the elements that best fit your class's needs.
Each day's lesson includes:
Morning Announcement: a brief informative statement about bullying to be read in morning announcements or in the classroom.
Educator Notes: brief tutorials with additional information for each day’s topic.
Classroom Education and Activities
- Active Learning and Discussion: links to Teens Against Bullying Web site; downloadable materials to hand out; and stimulating questions to foster discussion and encourage students to express opinions.
- Video and Discussion: videos from Teens Against Bullying Web site and thought-provoking discussion questions
- “Rewind” Video Project: a step-by-step guide to creating a brief but powerful bullying prevention video
Day By Day Detailed Look at the Activities
- Monday — Bullying 101
- Tuesday – What Can You Do?
- Wednesday — Students and Adults Working Together
- Thursday — Bullying Prevention: It's Not Just a Week
- Friday — The End of Bullying Begins with You
- Keep Going