Event Date: March 23, 2023
Join us in person at the State Office Building*, room 400 N, or virtually.
Parents of and students with disabilities have important information and experience to share with policy makers that impacts systems change and improves outcomes for students throughout the state of Minnesota.
PACER realizes that it can be intimidating to share your story with a stranger. However, legislators say repeatedly that what they hear from parents makes a difference. Your story is important; we will work with you to make sure you are comfortable sharing it.
- This workshop will train and assist you in working with your legislator for changes impacting children with disabilities.
- PACER's Day at the Capitol provides participants with tools to share their stories to affect such change.
- Participants receive information on pending and proposed legislation related to children with disabilities.
- PACER will also assist registrants to schedule in-person or online appointments to meet with their legislators following the presentation.
Registration is Closed
- 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.: Presentation — Tools and Tips on Telling Your Story and Legislative Briefing
- 11:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.: Individual meetings with legislators (you will be notified of your appointment time in advance)
*Event Location: 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Saint Paul, MN 55155 (Room: 400 N)
This event is paid for using private funds.