Parent Leadership Training for Educational Advocacy
9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CDT
Applications are currently closed.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022
If an ASL interpreter is needed, contact:
[email protected] with 48 hours notice.
Do you have a child in regular education?
Do you want to learn how to engage in your child’s education and advocate for a better school experience?
Do you want to be a leader in your child’s school, district, or beyond?
PACER’s Minnesota Statewide Family Engagement Center (MNSFEC) is recruiting parents and caregivers for our annual Parent Leadership Training for Educational Advocacy. This training is designed for those who have one or more children in regular education and want to learn leadership and educational advocacy skills.
NOTE: Special education issues will not be the focus of this training.
The leadership training will include:
- Why advocacy is needed in regular education
- How to advocate for improvements in your child’s school
- Learning about your own strengths and skills
- Setting personal goals and developing a Parent Leadership Action Plan
- Networking with other Minnesota parents interested in leadership
Applicants must agree to participate in both days of the training. Participants can also attend three additional FREE learning sessions to be held over the 2022-23 school year. If you have questions, email: [email protected]